Re: Elitists v's popularists (was Re: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation')

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 10:52:29AM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> You want to punish the inicent to protect them from the guilty.
>
> Its good that there are lots of NM's that are prompt, ive been in queue
> 6 months, my NM doesnt consistently respond to my emails.
>
> I have my key signed by 6 developers, but havent passed the key signing
> stage yet.

I suggest writing to new-maintainer@debian.org and asking for a new AM
if that is the case.  As you say, you are involved in the
boot-floppies project and should certainly be treated seriously.

> The biggest and only threat that i see for debians future viability is
> the opinions like yours become popular and debian becomes unmaintainable
> due to lack of "acceptable" manpower.
>
> There are lots of things people can do to help debian, instead of just
> turning away people who want to HELP, why dont you be constructive and
> look for ways for them to be able to help and feel like part of the
> project without insulting your eletism.

As has been said by others, people like you would of course be
recommended.  It would not affect you in the slightest, except to make
the queue shorter so that you get served quicker.

   Julian

         Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
       Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/