AM Report for Claire M. Connelly

Here is my final report Claire M. Connelly (c@eskimo.com).

1) Identification.

Key signed by Ryan Murray <rmurray@cyberhqz.com> of Stormix.

2) Philosophy and Procedures.

Claire agrees with DFSG guidelines and our social contract. We have talked on
IRC about both items. Here is what claire said in her own words:

The Social Contract and the DFSG make Debian unique among distributions. One
of the things that I like about them is that they form a contract between the
developers and the end-users, so that you don't just have a distribution put
together by hackers for hackers, but you also have some responsibility by the
developers to the end-users. Without that, end-users don't have much leverage
in convincing developers to take their interests into account. Since I have a
strong interest in usability, I think that's a great thing for a distribution
to have. The DFSG also provides a wonderful lever to use to convince developers
using non-free licenses to switch to free licenses, which, of course, benefits
everyone.

We then shortly discussed a 'free for non-commercial use' license. The answers
she gave on this were fine.

3) Tasks and Skills.

Claire has broad experience in the field of system administration and computer
consultancy. She has packaged some software for debian (3 packages in total) at
http://www.eskimo.com/~c/debian, which is an apt-able site. I checked one of
here packages, thoughttracker (an idea database that allows linking between
nodes) which is lintian free. Claire would like to work on packages and be
actively involved in writing documentation. She already has done some work
on the debian installation manual and writing manual pages for tetex-bin.
She seems to be pretty active on the debian-tetex-maint list.

4) Evaluation.

I feel we should allow Claire to become a debian developer.

Cheers,

Joop
--
Joop Stakenborg - Debian GNU/Linux developer <pa3aba@debian.org>

--> For the first time ever, Finnish Wood is better than Norwegian Wood.
(With apologies to Linus) :) [Hint for those under 30: Look at
http://rmb.simplenet.com/public/files/faqs/said.html]
(More woody jokes at http://pa4tu.penguinpowered.com/woody)