Re: The Debian New Maintainer process

Hi. This mail is just sent to the list.

In <20000912152212.A28832@d2eb.gweezlebur.com>,
  on Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:22:12 +0000,
 "michael d. ivey" <ivey@gweezlebur.com> wrote:

> I'm glad I can help. When philh first asked me which areas I wanted to
> help in, during the NM process, I suggested NM, just because I knew it
> was so backlogged.  I think it's a great idea to recruit from folks who
> have just finished the process, because we're still fresh and excited!

Thanks for working.

> For clarification:  NM corner says signed key is all you need.  Is that
> correct?  Also, what about folks who can't get a signed key?  What
> alternatives are there, or are there any?

Yes, if the applicant has provided his/her GPG public key which is
signed by some (at least one) members of Debian project, then ID check
is completed for that applicant.

If the applicant does not have the signed key, then he/she has to provide
the scanned/digitized photo-image of some identification, as same as the
old way.  This is written on our "New Maintainers' Corner". Please check
the step2. (http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step2)

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>