Re: [nm-admin] Identification step in the current scheme (Re: Fear the new maintainer process)

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 06:08:36PM +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> Dale Scheetz writes:
>
>  > I just can't understand the reluctance to satisfy this requirement except
>  > that it is viewed by some as being too hard. I cannot, for the life of me,
>
> You've not been reading my emails then. I don't want random people
> having a copy of my passport digitised (worse still, digitised and
> signed my me). I know other people who would be unhappy about
> this. It's not necessary, so ditch it.
Hi,

Though some good points have been brought up on either side, I would have to
agree with Mr. Vernon's statement above.  It's not that I as an applicant
am unable to scan a photo, I would prefer that digital copies of my passport
weren't running around.  As I understand it, the Debian administration has
access to this but how does that benefit either the applicant or the
project?  As I see it, there is no benefit to either party.

Cheers,
Shane

--
Shane Wegner: shane@cm.nu