Зашифроване повідомлення

Dear colleagues,

I recently had to start working on Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" alpha for my Debian buster HTPC.
I have prepared the source repositories for Kodi and nearly all binary add-ons in my personal space on Salsa:

https://salsa.debian.org/basilgello-guest

I have yet to process several visualization and screensaver plugins (screensaver.rsxs, visualization.milkdrop*),
but overall the build is stable enough to start a discussion here as advised by Balint.

To allow building on buster, I need several packages to be included in stable from testing and my personal space:
Package Name | Source repository and branch | Maintainer of package
1. Add packages not existing in buster:

flatbuffers basilgello-guest/flatbuffers:buster "Balint Reczey" <balint@balintreczey.hu>
kodiplatform unstable: 20180302-1 "Michael R. Crusoe" <michael.crusoe@gmail.com>
libshairplay basilgello-guest/libshairplay:master "Vasyl Gello" <vasek.gello@gmail.com>
libudfread basilgello-guest/libudfread:master "Vasyl Gello" <vasek.gello@gmail.com>
waylandpp unstable: 0.2.5-2 "Balint Reczey" <balint@balintreczey.hu>

2. Update packages existing in buster:

fmtlib unstable: 6.1.2+ds-2 "Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf@debian.org>
libhdhomerun unstable: 20200225-1 "Francois Marier" <francois@debian.org>
spdlog unstable: 1.5.0+ds-3 "Michael R. Crusoe" <michael.crusoe@gmail.com>

I know that Team Kodi is not going to release beta anytime soon, but I decided to contribute my work to Debian anyway.
--
Vasyl Gello
Certified SolidWorks Expert

Mob.:+380 (98) 465 66 77

E-Mail: vasek.gello@gmail.com

Skype: vasek.gello
호랑이는 죽어서 가죽을 남기고 사람은 죽어서 이름을 남긴다

April 30, 2020 9:54:30 AM UTC, "Bálint Réczey" <balint@balintreczey.hu> написав(-ла):
Hi Vasyl,

Vasyl Gello <vasek.gello@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. ápr. 26.,
V, 19:25):

Hi Balint!

After I started preparation for Kodi 19.0, I also adapted the whole archive of binary add-ons from Ubuntu PPA to Debian.
I keep them updated in my user space https://salsa.debian.org/basilgello-guest. All packages pushed are tested by me
(building all of them, actively using some).

Great! Are you looking for sponsorship for the uploads? I suggest
moving our discussion to https://lists.debian.org/debian-multimedia/
because kodi and most addons are officially team-maintained.

Now I need to include several backports of utility packages to buster. These include:

https://salsa.debian.org/basilgello-guest/flatbuffers/-/tree/buster
https://salsa.debian.org/basilgello-guest/kodiplatform/-/tree/buster
https://salsa.debian.org/basilgello-guest/libhdhomerun/-/tree/buster
https://salsa.debian.org/basilgello-guest/waylandpp/-/tree/buster

Please use the debian/buster branch if you would like to have the
branches merged to the official packaging repos.

I did not date to bump upstream versions and used source packages from sid to minimize changes.
With these packages added / updated to buster, Kodi 19.0 and all Matrix binary addons compile and run successfully.

Can you check these repos out and tell me what to do next please?

If you would like to make those packages widely available, then first
the dependencies, then kodi should be uploaded to
https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/

The situation is a bit tricky, because Kodi 18 should be removed from
testing to help the removal of Python 2 and ideally only the final
Kodi 19 should be uploaded to unstable and let being migrated to
testing with a transition of all addons at the same time.

Since presence in testing is a requirement for buster-backports the
backports is practically blocked until upstream releases Kodi 19 with
Python 3 support.

I think the rules can be bent a bit since you mentioned that the
addons seem to work well already with Kodi 19, thus the first beta of
Kodi 19 could go into unstable with the addons and be backported to
Buster after it migrated to testing.

IMO the next steps should be the following:

1. Please register to the mailing list respond to this email via
debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org to make others in the team aware of
your interest and plans and move the kodi-related communication there.

2. I can help with upgrading Kodi to 19.x in unstable and with staging
it in experimental, but I can't commit myself to sponsoring uploads to
buster-backports. Please find someone who can help you with that.

3. Please file ITP bugs for the new addons and prepare them for upload on Salsa.
For the repositories please follow the Multimedia Team's standard
procedures and prefer upstream versions rather than git snapshots.

4. Ask for sponsorship on the team's mailing for the packages when
they are ready.

Cheers,
Balint

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/DevelopPackaging