Siano-SMS1140+ISDB-T+Debian-6.0

Hi everyone,

As I posted sometime ago I am not able to get Siano SMS1140 working under Debian. I have now the newer version 6.0 (squeeze) and I live in Brazil where ISDB-T is the standard of digital transmission. By the way I would copy part of Siano documentation about digital standards other than DVB:

"4 - Siano’s user space library
Any DTV utility that runs in the user space communicates with the Siano’s kernel core driver using one of two options. The first is using the DVB subsystem, to which a user-space application can be access using methods explained at LinuxTV. This option is currently valid only for DVB-T standard. The second method is valid for all MDTV standards, but requires the use of proprietary command set exposed by C library resides in the user space – The SMS Host Library.

4.1 - Host Library
Siano Host Library is a C library that communicates with the Siano’s kernel core driver using a special character device (/dev/mdtvctrl). This library enables user-mode applications and utilities to control Siano based chip-set. Please refer to SMS Host Library documentation for more information."

Please refer to SMS Host Library documentation for more information. I have searched the Internet but found any SMS Host Library documentation to read. Addicionaly I tried to get in touch with Siano's regional salesman in Brazil but no success until now. Accordingly to my knowledges until now applications does not handle with ISDB-T digital standard of transmission.

Can anyone help?