Re: Debian policy on multimedia ?

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 14:17:35 +0100, Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:

I'm currently trying to do a write up for my local LUG on
multimedia application in Debian, and stumbled upon this question:
Is there currently a document that describes what should happen with
debian multimedia packages?

There are quite a few things that have inter-working functionalities.

 Is there some convention or framework to determine which TV standard
is appropriate for the user?  I would like to query the locale, and
suggest a sensible default based on that.  If the user has a Norwegian
locale, the video app should expect PAL, for example.

 If there is nothing like that around, or under development, I will
make a locale->standard list myself.  Are there any best practices
or standards I should consider first?

--
Herman Robak