Re: Roll call for porters of architectures in sid and testing (Status update)

[added CC to debian-mips, please don't shoot me for cross-posting]

>  I need to update you on the state of Debian support commitment within
> Imagination, particularly in light of the plight of MIPS support for
> jessie.

>  Having become aware of this situation, I am working internally to
> accelerate Imaginations existing Debian support group plans. This will
> cover both engineering resource and hardware availability. It will
> take a few days for us to work this through, and as soon as I have
> some news I will post to this list.

Hi Graham,

nice to hear that there is somebody still interested in Debian-mips.
Already started thinking I'd end up with a non-supported software for my
MIPS hardware in the long-run.

[..]

> For those of you who wish to do some mips/mipsel work or testing
> (thanks :-), but are short of hardware, I'll see what I can do there
> as well. Let me know if you are interested

Given the seemingly dormant interest in Debian MIPS I'll see whether I
can allocate more time myself to help with porting and fixing.  I'm
already eying Loongson-3A based hardware (heard that Lemote has Mini-ITX
boards available) to replace/augment my Fuloong 6004 system.

For MIPS-enthusiasts: tekmote is currently selling quadcore MIPS64
notebooks for <600 EUR:

http://www.tekmote.nl/epages/61504599.sf/nl_NL/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61504599/Products/CFL-008

IMO without a Debian MIPS64 port, Debian won't be viable for high end
MIPS equipment before soon, and is going to loose a lot of interested
developers.

cheers,

David
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7  7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F