Question regarding wheezy-installation on SGI O2

Good morning everybody,

some weeks ago I bought an used SGI O2.
As I have no Irix licenses I decided to install wheezy,
and so I read http://www.cyrius.com/debian/o2/ & http://www.pvv.org/~pladsen/Indy/HOWTO.html

Booting the O2 worked fine, I chose country & language, set an root password, and added a first user.
Later on during the install-process the harddisk wasn't found/recognized, so I switched to another console
and used "fdisk /dev/sda". The disk was shown, with two SGI-partitions on it ... when I hit "w" to write the changed settings the system stopped, and switched off immediatly.
Now it doesn't start anymore ...
Did I broke it? Do you have an idea what happened?

Thanks a lot!

cu
Torsten

PS:
sorry for my english, but I'm not an native english-speaker ...