Re: Debian (or anything else) on an Origin 200

On 2013-01-17 21:42:19 +0000 (+0000), Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Wasn't that only relevant for ARCLoad rather than booting directly
[...]

Right! Sorry, I missed you'd said that's what you were doing.

> I think the prime contender at the moment is that it's trying to
> talk to an non-existent framebuffer
[...]

And looking over the Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 Installation Guide for
MIPS, the kernel does supposedly try to detect that you're invoking
it from a serial console:

    http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/mips/ch05s01.html.en

(Though it's worth noting Debian-Installer does not claim support
for IP27, so that context may not be relevant anyway.)
--
{ PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); FINGER( fungi@cthulhu.yuggoth.org );
WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ ); IRC( fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );