printing (cups) very slow, high cpu load
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: printing (cups) very slow, high cpu load
- From: Thorsten Hirsch <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:09:03 +0100
- Message-id: <AANLkTim3MaV6sXZ_sUkuHy0d6HV4=VEkQ+NCj2t+F9L2@mail.gmail.com>
i've got a debian/mips box (buffalo linkstation 2), which is also a
print server. However it's very slow. Printing 1 page takes about 5
minutes and the cpu load is at 99%. The following processes cause all
the cpu load: pdftops, rastertogutenpr, and pstops. Later it's
I guess they all rely heavily on floating point calculations, and
since my mips box is very bad at doing such things, it takes a while.
Is there anything I can do to speed things up? Maybe some
integer-based alternative implementations of the programs?