Re: Cobalt Qube2 Installation Problem: UNIT BOOT FAILED

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 08:54:40AM -0700 Ted Krovetz said:
> I'm attempting to install debian on a Cobalt Qube2 following Martin Michlmayr's how-to
> (http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/install.html) but am having no success. I'm hoping
> somebody on this list has experience with Qube2/Raq2 and can tell me the magic incantation
> that puts everything right.
>
> The Qube's original software runs fine, and I was able to install NetBSD using their netboot
> procedure, so I believe my hardware is in order.
>
> I have three machines attached via a switch: my personal machine (192.168.11.149), the Qube
> (192.168.11.30) and the debian lenny server with DHCP and NFS (192.168.11.4). The procedure
> appears to be going fine -- I get the menus on the LCD as expected -- but shortly after seeing
> "Starting the installer (SSH)", I get "UNIT BOOT FAILED". I've tried many variations, but always
> the same result.

It appears that you are not selecting the mode of install - there is a
choice between SSH and serial. You need to select the latter. I had two of
these machines and the install process differed a bit:

http://gnubies.com/linux/cobalt_qube.html

http://gnubies.com/linux/cobalt_qube2.html

I hope this is of some help.

Sam