Re: cobalt upgrade etch => lenny

* Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> [2009-03-15 11:03]:
> I have a old cobalt running etch.
> I thought of upgrading it to lenny, but as I have no other access to it
> than thru SSH, it should kind of succeed in first attempt.
>
> What's the gotchas in upgrading it ?
> Reading the release mipsel release notes mentioned issues with grub and
> lilo and well... that kind of doesn't apply to this machine.

I'm not aware of any gotchas, but you never know... fortunately, the
Cobalt has a serial connector and getting a null modem cable should be
relatively easy in case something goes wrong (which, of course, I
hope it doesn't).

Some people mentioned hangs after upgrading from etch to lenny, which
apparently don't show up on a fresh installation of lenny... Oh, and
you definitely should remove bind9 in case you have it installed (see
#516616).

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/