bind9 hangs on qube 2 - what does one do?

i have experienced the problem described on this mailing list last month,
where bind9 hangs and makes a qube 2 unbootable.

i upgraded my kernel to the etchnhalf 2.6 kernel and it was fine; after i
did a dist-upgrade to lenny, the box would not restart and would hang when
trying to start bind9.

i'd like to know from anyone who had the same problem, how did you resolve
it?

i'm not subscribed to this list so ccing me would be appreciated.

sam