Re: Root password of Sun Qube2 Restore CD 2.0

On Jul 2, 10:50 pm, Brian Wood <b...@beww.org> wrote:

> The original Qube 2 software is pretty well dated. If you want to "restore"
> your Qube2 I'd just install Debian, Gentoo or your favorite distro on it.
>
> But to answer your question, I'm not aware of needing a root password for the
> restore process:
>
> http://zeffie.net/pipermail/zeffie-users_zeffie.net/2005-March/000141...

Hiya,

I'm more curious than anything, not seen what the original software
looks like and provides, so I was going to shove a disk in and look.

The reason I need the root password is because when I boot the CD on a
virtual server (Parallels on OSX) it does not pass the requirements
check for a supported NIC, what I want to do is switch to another
console (alt-f5), log in as root (for which I need the password) and
then see if I can lod a module for the emulated Realtek NIC, and if
that works then I can restart the restore process.

Any clues ?  Or tips ?

Thanks

Mark