Re: Debian upgrade on Qube1 failure

* tbm <tbm@cyrius.com> [2005-04-13 13:11]:
> > I've installed the debian-mips tarball from Martin Michlmayr (thanks
> > for the tarball) on my QubeI (2700wg). Everthing worked fine until I
> > did a apt-get upgrade: when I rebooted my qube it stopped with
> The tarball contains kernel 2.4.27-7.040815-1.noserial but the archive
> now has 2.4.27-8.040815-1.  So I assume that got installed and it will
> try to access the serial console which will crash the box.  I'll have
> to prepare a new tarball but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

I have prepared a new tar ball now and put it at
http://people.debian.org/~tbm/cobalt/base.tar.bz2
Sorry it took so long.  Instructions are at
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/no-serial.html

This tar ball is untested since I don't have a Qube1 myself.  Let me
know if it works.  If not, I will replace the kernel with Peter's new
patch with another kernel which completely disables the serial
console.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/