Re: MIPS Qube always fscks root filesystem

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:15:47 +0200
Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> Either the RTC backup battery is broken,

If I power cycle the machine, it comes up with the correct date but
still fscks. That means that the backup battery must be OK.

> or the RTC has some weird date
> and is never updated correctly. The latter could be caused by running
> woody's hwclock on a newer kernel (the ioctl format was changed).

Hmm, that could be it.

Well, until this gets fixed, I'll just have to avoid rebooting the
machine :-).

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."  -- Bill Gates, 1981