ppp kernel for cobalt qube 2

Hi all

I have a cobalt qube 2 which i have installed debian-mips on. Only problem is i require ppp and the kernel says theres no ppp support. I have the source but am unable to build a new kernel as i have no idea what platform to select. it comes up with sgi by default but i dont think this is right. If anyone has a working kernel or knows how i can get one going i would much appreciate the help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post

--
Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
James R. Cook