Re: XFree86 Problems

Hello,

I could still log into the machine using ssh, just the screen went
blank and I couldn't get it back on.  Nothing in the logs and it
looks like X was still running.

After much playing I think I have got it stable now.  The problem
was with the mouse driver.  I noticed that the screen went blank
after a click and so fired up gpm and switched to /dev/gpmdata
rather than /dev/psaux.  This seems to have fixed it, although it
doesn't solve what caused the problem?

- Lachlan