Re: A few Decstation questions.

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 12:19:27PM -0400, Len Sorensen wrote:
> First of all, has anyone solved the problem with ll/sc emulation needed
> for glibc 2.3.1 in sarge yet?  2.4.17 and 2.4.19 certainly do not seem
> to have emulation working.

Well the 2.4.19 build .7 that I downloaded today works great on my 3000A
processors and I am now running with glibc 2.3.1 installed.

> Also, is it possible to run a modem on ttyS1 (I assume this is the name
> of the port labeled '1' on the back, I run the console on ttyS2 labeled
> '2' on the back).  So far it isn't working, giving about the same
> behaviour I would expect from an incorrect irq setting, or an irq
> conflict (ttyS0 and ttyS1 both claim to be on irq 14, while ttyS2 is irq
> 15).

I discovered that port '3' is ttyS2 and port '2' is ttyS0, and the port
works fine.  Doesn't seem to mind minicom at 57600 or 115200, although I
don't yet know if it is just limiting it to 38400 automatically.

> And finally, does anyone know if there is any work being done on the
> PMAG-AA in linux?  It works fine in NetBSD of course, and I did find a
> reference to someone making it work for linux at a developers conference
> (no links to code though).  I suppose I could try to write it myself
> given the working NetBSD code, and the other console drivers in linux
> for the other decstation FBs.  I dread the idea of doing kernel compiles
> on this machine though. :)

Still waiting on this, since I haven't managed to get around to trying
out the patch.  I will probably do a cross compiler setup soon to get a
faster compile.

Len Sorensen