Re: A few Decstation questions.

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 01:24:27AM +0200, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> I have the ACCESS.bus LK501 keybord working on my r4k maxine, still
> without hotplug capability. The LK201/LK401 support is nearly complete
> for console mode, it just needs a bit of bit shuffling. I intend to do
> this the next days. There are still two X problems: LK201/LK401 won't
> report key-up events (can be solved easily) and the XFree86 server in
> woody does by default not accept the lk keymap, it falls back to some
> linux legacy defaults. This is probably only a installation/xkbcomp
> problem, I haven't looked into it further yet.
>
> About the various framebuffer drivers:
> I've worked further on the PMAG-AA support, console basically works,
> X is yet untested and likely needs some tweaking. I haven't found out
> yet how the cursor generator works.

The NetBSD kernel code for this looks pretty reasonable, at least coming
from not having a clue what it was before.  They certainly have a cursor
on, cursor off and cursor setup function in the kernel.  Might be worth
looking at.

> I've added colormap handling to the PMAGB-BA driver, this works fine
> now, and I use it regularily. I changed the PMAG-B and maxinefb
> drivers accordingly, so the code look similiar now, and is probably
> more robust. The PMAG-B part is untested, as I have no such hardware.

If only I had a monitor for the PMAGB-B. :)

> All of the above needs to be resynced against latest MIPS kernel CVS.
> Note that all of this is still for 2.4, I'd like to forward port it
> soon, but I'm a bit overloaded ATM.

I am certainly not ready to play with 2.5 kernels yet.  Especially on
somehting this slow at compiling.  I should try to find a cross compiler
setup for it.

Len Sorensen