Re: debian-mipsel installed on a Cobalt Qube2

So then, Vincent Stehlé <vincent.stehle@stepmind.com> is all like:

> Neale Pickett wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the Qube 1 (Qube 2700) seems determined not to run any
> > kernels I feed it--and believe me, I fed it a lot.  There must be
> > something special about the kernel it came with, any mips gurus out
> > there know how the blasted thing boots?
>
> Pardon me if I suggest something stupid, but this reminds me on the
> troubles I had with my indigo2.
>
>   Did you make a "vmlinux.ecoff" image ? This is the only one that works
>   for me. 'don't know for Qube, though.

I don't know if that'll work.  I've read in multiple places that a
Qube/Raq will only boot a gzipped vmlinux, and my experience seems to
bear this out as well (though I can't say I've been very rigorous about
testing it).  How is vmlinux.ecoff different than plain old vmlinux?