Re: 24Bit graphic on Indy?

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 04:08:44PM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 10:03:38PM +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> > Hi ...
> >
> > I heard, that it would be able, that you can run 24Bit color on X with
> > SGI Indy.
> > Is that right. Where can I find infomations about that?
> As usual http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/x/x.html. I'll
> have a precompiled on my laptop when I arrive at Karlsruhe tomorrow.
>  -- Guido
>

> --

What would be the possibilty of adding a second example XF86Config for
24bit, ie: replace XF86Config.Indy with
XF86Config.Indy.8bit and XF86Config.Indyt.24bit.

I was never able get 24bit working properly.  Text was unreadable, the display was choppy, etc.  I attribute it to having to adapt the example from 8bit to 24bit and probably forgot something.  Yea, you could say it is my fault for forgetting something, but I am not an XFree86 master and have no clue where I could have gone wrong.

Since there is no variation between one 24bit newport card and another
24bit newport card, maybe the 24bit config should be distributed as
well.

my $.02 worth.

.daniel.schrock,ccna
.anonymous-daemon.org