Re: Installing Linux on SNI RM200

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 04:07:30PM +0100, Karol Makowski wrote:

> Can you tell me how to install debian on siemens rm200
> machine? (R4600, 133Mhz, 48MB RAM and winnt installed).

Unfortunately not at all currently. Due to lack of little endian
RM200s, nobody I know of has tried to boot a Linux/MIPS-kernel
on an RM200 for at least a year and AFAIK the hardware support
for the RM200 is rather limited. Ralf?
Do you have an RM200 or an RM200C (PCI-variant)?

> i was trying to find information by myself, but
> found only two person runs it.
> If you have any howto or something, please let me know.

If you get a Linux/MIPS-kernel working on your machine,
we could try getting the RM200 supported by the Debian
installer, but currently there is no support for it at
all.

Regards,
Karsten
--