Re: First strike !

Hi Guido
> Hi Dominik,
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:28:28AM -0800, Dominik Behr wrote:
> [..snip..]
> > Here is patch to restore default palette from kernel when exiting X.
> > This code detects if the palette is all black. In this case it sets
> > default palette.
> I'm seeing a problem with this. My experiments showed that the palette
> is not always just black(0x0). I also observered other values(mostly
> 0xA), so the patch will fail then.
indeed
of course we can unconditionally use default palette. i believe there
are no programs that run on Indy and change palette in console mode.
(there is plenty of console/framebuffer programs for linux but they can
not run on Indy)

<snip>
> > Guido, please add it to your code if you like it :)
> I'd rather not add another linux'ism to the newport driver. We got rid
> of all of them except for the /proc hack. But it might be a good addition
well, we could always put it in #ifdef __LINUX__/#endif
> for the debian xfree86 packages. Can file it as a wishlist bug against
> xserver-xfree86?

i think it would be better to submit it with ifdefs to xfree so it would
work on other linux distrubutions.
also, i checked netbsd sources, it looks like they use only serial
console now.

--
Dominik Behr