Re: First strike !

Hi Dominik,
On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:28:28AM -0800, Dominik Behr wrote:
[..snip..]
> Here is patch to restore default palette from kernel when exiting X.
> This code detects if the palette is all black. In this case it sets
> default palette.
I'm seeing a problem with this. My experiments showed that the palette
is not always just black(0x0). I also observered other values(mostly
0xA), so the patch will fail then.

> I have inserted and attached the diff file because I dont know if this
> mailing list filters attachements.
>
> Guido, please add it to your code if you like it :)
I'd rather not add another linux'ism to the newport driver. We got rid
of all of them except for the /proc hack. But it might be a good addition
for the debian xfree86 packages. Can file it as a wishlist bug against
xserver-xfree86?
 -- Guido