ghemical build failure / restart buildd?

Hello,

My package ghemical failed to build on mipsel last week. I'm a bit
puzzled why though, as all other arches succeeded, including mips.

This is from the buildd log:

 /usr/bin/ar rcv libgraphics.a mtools.o objects.o camera.o views.o
   docview.o spline.o plane.o surfac[...]
 make[2]: *** [libgraphics.a]  Segmentation fault
 make[2]: *** Deleting file `libgraphics.a'

I did not thought that ar was so complicated that it would cause build
failures, perhaps this was a temporary problem with the buildd and the
compile run should be restarted?

thanks for any hint (or a pointer where I should ask elsewhere if this
question is off-topic),

Michael