Re: bootfloppies on DECstation 5000/125

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 03:46:57PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> Well, I've now compiled my own kernel (linux_2_4) with the toolchain I
> found on oss.sgi.com. It's quite _a lot_ more stable now. Maybe the
> boot-floppy guys would like to use a different kernel for boot-up?

I have looked through the Linux/MIPS cvs logs - Ralf has done
modifications to the R3k cache handling a few days ago. I am
currently building a current cvs kernel and will build new
boot-floppies with it.

What I find strange nonetheless that you get better working kernels
with the cross-toolchain from oss - I have had serious problems with
kernels compiled by it, while the same kernel source compiled natively
by the default Debian gcc 2.95.4 worked fine.

Regards,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>