Re: building a mipsel-linux cross-compiler

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 11:51:34AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > I'm trying to build a cross-compiler for mipsel-linux on an ia32 box, using the
> > gcc-2.95.4 sources from Debian unstable. I build lots of cross-compilers in the
> > past (for m68k-linux, powerpc-linux, mipsel-linux, m68k-amigaos on
> > Linux/{m68k,PPC,ia32) or Solaris/SPARC boxes), but this time I'm really stuck.
>
> Are there reasons that the toolchain-source package is not suitable for
> you?  The gcc-avr source package shows an example of how to make use of
> this (and has just gotten a boost during this weekend's bug-squashing
> party).
>
> toolchain-source provides a cross-build toolchain of binutils
> 2.11.92.0.12.3 and gcc 3.0.3.

I don't know (yet). Perhaps that 3.0.3 isn't as reliable as 2.95.4? Probably
there's a good reason why Debian (even unstable) ships with 2.95.4.

Anyway, thanks for telling me! I wasn't aware of the existence of that package.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds