Re: Experiences with Debian Lasat/Eicon Masquerade PRO

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 08:26:57PM +0100, Brian Murphy wrote:
> Florian Lohoff wrote:
> >
> > Not only that but we also had (Very rare) disk corruption reports.
> >

> It would be nice if we heard something of this - any details of how?

Ryan Murray reported it to me when we also had the problems on the SGIs
with the multi disk problem. I have never myself beeing able to
reproduce or see it.

> > The biggest problem is the non-integrations of the kernel patches into
> > the mips cvs. From looking at the sourcetree it will be a horribly hard
> > work to get the patches into a shape where they can actually be
> > accepted.
>
> Thanks for the encouragement...

No problem - To be honest - We need to hurry a bit to get the stuff
integrated. If we dont do it we go down the drain with the hardware like
the Cobalt Cube/RaQs did a couple of years ago.

> It is basically luck that these boards run at all - there are something like 10 or
> 20 made and they are no longer being developed on except for fun. We do our
> best in the free time we have. Any help you can give or patches you contribute
> will be gratefully received. Even bug reports would be nice.

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium