Re: Why black text on black backround

Hi!

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Guido Guenther wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 12:33:10PM +0200, Petri Tapio Koistinen wrote:
> > Does anyone know reason why there is black text on black backround on Indy
> > text console after you started X and shut it down.
> http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/x/x.html

Thanks for the pointer. So it's a known bug. BTW, I noticed that there is
24bpp driver for newport, will it be part of Debian 3.0?

On page: http://www.debian.org/ports/mips/
there could be also these know bugs about X-server from Guido's page:

* xdm let's 2.4.X kernels oops. A decoded oops would be helpfull.
* newport: the console gets corrupted on some boards(black screen, only
blinking cursor). Bad DCB timings? Will need further investigation.

I already meet these bugs, maybe next newbie does it too.

Regards
Petri