Re: kernel compile

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 11:34:13AM -0500, Christopher Pitts wrote:
> Good Morning!
>
> I'm trying to compile a new kernel for my Challege S (R4400) box, and have
> hit a few snags.
>
> 1. I am using a "linus vanilla" kernel from kernel.org, there are posts
> talking about getting the kernel from cvs at SGI (instructions on this
> anywhere? Which should I use?)

The vanilla kernel doesnt work i would guess - The diff is as large
as it never has been :) Ralf is to lazy to feed back patches i guess *G*

> 2. when I try to build I get references to "mipsel-linux-gcc" and
> "mipssel-linux-ld", I find no packages for these (am I missing something?)

You need to build cross binutils and cross gcc ...

> 3. Should I choose to build little-endian?

All SGI machines are Big Endian ...

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium