possible new mipsel port

I got my hands on an NCD ThinSTAR model 200.  From what I can tell, it
has an R4300.  I was able to update the firmware via TFTP (it has no I/O
bus, so no hard drive, cdrom, or floppy possible) through the onboard
ethernet adapter.  I found that the binary file I used to update it is a
little endian executable.  I thought it might be possible to replace
this file with a linux kernel image.  The only problem is it would
require drivers for everything on board (I/O, bus, S3 video adapter,
etc.)  Is there any way to get a kernel image that would be compatible
with this computer, or has this already been done.

Thanks

brian.