Re: URGENT AND CONFIDENTIAL

Chris Ruvolo wrote:

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 09:57:46AM -0700, JOSE EMMANUEL wrote:

3/5   RIDER HAGGARD
CLOSE, JO, BORG
SOUTH AFRICA.

(RE: TRANSFER OF ($ 152,000.000.00 USD ]ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY TWO MILLION DOLLARS

What is this? Money laundering spam?

No, it's a simple give-me-your-account info and transfer-permission scheme so I can transfer your money out of your account. Money launderers are a bit more sophisticated. I've received similar span faxed to me.

I don't believe that people can be
this blatant.  Is there anything the debian-mips list maintainer or the
Debian listmaster can do to prevent further distribution of this kind of
message on this list?

Pete