Re: Successful first-stage bootstrap for mipsel

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 08:30:39AM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:

> I have successfully done a first-stage bootstrap (until the reboot
> after complete installation of the base system) on a DECstation
> (mipsel) with sid this night. I will test the rest when
> I am back from work this evening.

I have completed the installation process. There was a problem with the
modules configuration that required some work by hand (booting into
single user mode) and some of the dialog boxes are drawn incompletely
or wrong on the DECstation framebuffer console, but I could complete the
installation (although sometimes "half blind" due to the partially
unreadable dialogs). I have to investigate that further (this may be
a console driver bug on the DECstation and not a problem in
boot-floppies).

Greetings,
Karsten
--