Re: boot-floppies!

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 04:10:48PM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 02:58:20PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org> [20010718 19:54]:
> > > Henning Heinold (Nick: woglinde) is working on the Boot-Floppies
> > > for "mips" for the "Indy" and "Indigo2" which will only be network
> > > bootimages like sparc.
> >
> > One big problem for mips and mipsel is that there are currently no
> > kernel images in Debian; so someone has to make a kernel-patch-*
> > package and then something like kernel-image-2.4.5-mipsel-decstation.
> > That's needed for boot-floppies.  Any volunteers?
> There is basic support for mips in the kernel package, but it doesn't
> currently handle subarches. Things are getting more complicated since
> the kernel allows for selecting several subarches simultaneously,
> although I doubt that works. Looking into this it on my todo list for
> this weekend, though.
>  -- Guido

Hi guido I wrote the patch for mips and mipsel, but for mipsel there is alread
a little bug fixed on the repeat in the chroot. Hm what will you patch for
subarches? the kernel-pakage works the fowllowing way

1. configure the kernel

2. make-kpkg with options

3. dpkg -i the kernel.deb or do something other stuff like build bootfloppies

The normal kernel-images in the debiantree are diffrent from the kernelpackage
and I think not build with it.

--

Henning Heinold