Re: boot-floppies!

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 02:58:20PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org> [20010718 19:54]:
> > Henning Heinold (Nick: woglinde) is working on the Boot-Floppies
> > for "mips" for the "Indy" and "Indigo2" which will only be network
> > bootimages like sparc.
>
> One big problem for mips and mipsel is that there are currently no
> kernel images in Debian; so someone has to make a kernel-patch-*
> package and then something like kernel-image-2.4.5-mipsel-decstation.
> That's needed for boot-floppies.  Any volunteers?
There is basic support for mips in the kernel package, but it doesn't
currently handle subarches. Things are getting more complicated since
the kernel allows for selecting several subarches simultaneously,
although I doubt that works. Looking into this it on my todo list for
this weekend, though.
 -- Guido