Re: gbp import-orig: how to choose compression (xz)

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 12:53:24PM +0100, Lorenzo wrote:
> > > I didn't write in my previous message, but the watch file of this
> > > project looks for a tar.xz when downloading a new upstream release.
> > Are you mixing released tarballs and contents of some SVN repo in the
> > same package repo then? Or what is your workflow?
>
> Yes, the latest upstream release (mplayer 1.5) has CVEs and fails to
> build, so I jumped from 1.4 to 1.5+svn
Is this a one-time thing? If so, I would just create a tarball manually.
But overall you need to make sure the SVN repo contains the same files as
the published tarball, otherwise the compression difference is not the
largest problem you could have.
Also, the best way is probably submitting a patch for gbp to make the
repacked tarball compression configurable.