Re: RFS: pacman-package-manager/6.0.1-1 [ITP] -- Simple library-based package manager

Hi Ben, Luca,

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 11:20:47PM +0100, Luca Boccassi wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 at 22:44, Ben Westover <kwestover.kw@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Luca,
> >
> > On 7/29/22 5:50 AM, Luca Boccassi wrote:
> > > Still a couple of Lintian warnings to fix, then you can finalize the
> > > changelog and I'll upload:
> > >
> > > I: pacman-package-manager source: duplicate-long-description libalpm-dev libalpm13 [debian/control]
> > > I: libalpm-dev: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
> >
> > Fixed
> >
> > > I: libalpm13: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
> >
> > There's not really much more information to say on libalpm; I don't know
> > what else to put in the description without making it a word salad.
> >
> > > I: libalpm13: package-contains-empty-directory [usr/share/libalpm/hooks/]
> > > I: makepkg: package-contains-empty-directory [usr/share/makepkg-template/]
> >
> > Fixed
> >
> > > This one doesn't need to be fixed in the package, just send a patch
> > > upstream and it can be picked up in the next version:
> > >
> > > I: pacman-package-manager: typo-in-manual-page "allows to" "allows one to" [usr/share/man/man8/pacman.8.gz:264]
> >
> > Sent the patch upstream.
> >
> > I didn't even know about these Lintian tags since lintian by default
> > only shows warnings and above (these are info tags). I've updated my
> > machine's Lintian config to show me everything, even down to pedantic.
> > My (minor) changes have been pushed to Salsa and Mentors.
>
> Looks good, uploaded.

I put up an MR with some minor fixes:

https://salsa.debian.org/BenTheTechGuy/pacman/-/merge_requests/1

If they look good, Ben, please merge them but there's no need to issue
an updated release right away.

- Debian puts vendor zsh completions in vendor-completions, not the
  default site-functions (discovered in my own aborted package)
- Use wrap-and-sort to normalize the layout of the control file
- Last but not least -- pacman-key requires makepkg, so I added that
  dependency to pacman-package-manager

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim