Re: Disabling ccache in Salsa CI Jobs?

27.04.2022 00:03, Hilmar Preuße wrote:
Hi,

Recently I pushed a new version of proftp to salsa. The configured salsa CI Jobs [1] now fail [2]. The relevant error message is in the job log [3]:

This is not an answer to your question, but something else.

As far as I can see, ccache failing like this is because you run compilation
jobs in the install or binary target, not in build target.  These are run
as different users.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, or it is just a buggy setting
in salsa ci, but this is what it is.

We never enforced compile is happening during build only, not install/binary,
maybe this is actually a good thing to do after all.  This change in salsa
ci helped me to find a bug in one of my packages which did (partial) compile
in the wrong place.

Thanks,

/mjt