Re: How to troubleshoot conffile files problems

On Sun, Dec 05, 2021 at 10:19:44AM -0500, pkgoyq.xpt@neverbox.com wrote:

> > But now you will need to also recover from a bad state
> > left by upgrades to 1.5.7-1.
>
> Ah... it is getting more and more complicated. Nobody would be able to
> upgrade to 1.5.7-1 normally, so it is OK to use next good version as
> the fix please?
Are you asking whether you can assume that no system had 1.5.01-1 and then
1.5.7-1 installed, because in that cause it would be impossible to have
1.5.7-1 configured? That's probably a valid assumption, though I don't
think what can you assume about systems that tried to update to 1.5.7-1
and then were rolled back in some unknown way.

> Else, all the upgrade related problems can be easily fixed by purging
> the old version, and installing a brand new version.
I don't think you can assume this is what was done though. Downgrading to
the version from testing and pinning it is also a valid way to make the
apt state consistent again.

> > > How to do that please?
> > The correct way, it seems, would be to follow the suggestion in the
> > original bug report and fix the "rm -f /etc/dnsmasq.d/dbab.*" line in
> > the 1.3.3-1 postrm.
>
> I still don't quite understand what you actually mean,
I just mean the original bug report already had a suggestion that seems
correct to me.

--
WBR, wRAR