Re: How to troubleshoot conffile files problems

On Sat, Dec 04, 2021 at 11:29:58PM -0500, Tong Sun wrote:
> > You should remove them manually in postrm, but only on
> > purge.
>
> How to do that please?
The correct way, it seems, would be to follow the suggestion in the
original bug report and fix the "rm -f /etc/dnsmasq.d/dbab.*" line in
the 1.3.3-1 postrm. But now you will need to also recover from a bad state
left by upgrades to 1.5.7-1.

> > Unrelated, but is the package doesn't function without files downloaded
> > from Internet, and even downloads them in postinst, then it should go to
> > contrib. Should I file a bug about this?
>
> Please don't yet, as I totally don't understand what you want me to
> do, now. Unless you can send me a patch, please let me get this thing
> over first.
I've already filed #1001009. It says what needs to be done. The relevant
Policy section is 2.2.2.

--
WBR, wRAR