Re: My package is marked for autoremoval from testing

On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 03:45:37PM -0500, Tong Sun wrote:
> My package cannot be upgraded from current version to latest version
> -- https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=995769
>
> It might have something to do with obsoleted conffile files or it
> might even not. The problem is, I've been trying to understand how the
> conffile files work, and I think I'm doing the right thing, yet my
> package cannot be properly upgraded.
>
> - I don't understand what breaks and why, from the output of the
> package upgrade log (see
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=995769).
Well those errors are clearly caused by dbab.maintscript saying
"rm_conffile /etc/dbab", while /etc/dbab is indeed a directory and not a
file. So it would be helpful if you told us what were you trying to do by
this. If this is about #958900 then rm_conffile is *not* about removing
files on purge. You should remove them manually in postrm, but only on
purge.

Unrelated, but is the package doesn't function without files downloaded
from Internet, and even downloads them in postinst, then it should go to
contrib. Should I file a bug about this?

--
WBR, wRAR