package prevented from migration due to "regression", but regression bug is fixed

Hello mentors,

An update to my package siconos was recently uploaded to fix some
outstanding bugs.  However, I have noticed that it has been blocked
and prevented from migration to testing:

https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=siconos

The reason given is "introduces new bugs", however the bug indicated,
#954497, is one that was _fixed_ by my update.

I created a fresh sbuild chroot and rebuilt the package without
errors, moreover it appears to build fine on buildd.

It is possible my update simply did not trigger a close on the bug?
In the changelog I wrote, "(Closes: #945613 #954497)"

Is this not the correct syntax for fixing multiple bugs?
If I manually close the bug, will it then migrate automatically?

thanks,
Steve