Re: Question about blocked package to testing

Dear Elias,

Le 03/04/2020 à 02:50, Elías Alejandro a écrit :
> Hello all
> I have a question about a package which have a delayed transition
> to testing. Gpick package has fixed under unstable a bug related with
> python3 migration but it's blocked because of regression.[1]
> -Do you know how to fix this regression block? How can I test
>  under a local environment?

You can (and probably should) build your package using sbuild and
configure it to run autopkgtest after build.

when sbuild is set-up, you can also run autopkgtest manually in its schroot.

Your test tries to open a display. This is not possible on the build and
test infrastructure (the machines are headless). You have two options:

  - skip this test ;

  - run this test within a virtual X server. I do this in Yorick. See:

https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/yorick/-/blob/master/debian/tests/control

The test depends on package xvfb and the test command is wrapped in a
call to xvfb-run.

> -Should I do a new upload version to fix it? or just fix it under salsa?

You need to upload it.

> -Under build system it's fine [2] but with salsa-ci pipeline[3] it fails.
>  Do you know why?

Is the test run during build ?

> [1] https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=gpick
> [2] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=gpick