Question about blocked package to testing

Hello all
I have a question about a package which have a delayed transition
to testing. Gpick package has fixed under unstable a bug related with
python3 migration but it's blocked because of regression.[1]
-Do you know how to fix this regression block? How can I test
 under a local environment?
-Should I do a new upload version to fix it? or just fix it under salsa?
-Under build system it's fine [2] but with salsa-ci pipeline[3] it fails.
 Do you know why?

[1] https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=gpick
[2] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=gpick
[3] https://salsa.debian.org/elias-guest/gpick/pipelines/120059