multibootusb builds multi-boot live-usb's, but it bundles compiled free software

I cracked open the package, and it seems almost straightforward, except
for two complications: it bundles a compiled version of GRUB for i386
and amd64, as well as some other compiled tools.  I think any working
package would need to rewrite that to use a version of GRUB installed
already on the machine: but I don't know enough about Debian packaging
or boot systems to comfortably rework this for full policy
compatability (ie, being able to build and use the arch-appropriate
GRUB version).

Some possibilities would be to (somehow) download the Grub package for
the appropriate arch, and use the compiled files from there during
runtime.  AFAIK, the software needs to download from the internet
anyways for its core functionality.

Guidance would be much appreciated.  Salsa link is:
https://salsa.debian.org/CalumMcConnell-guest/multibootusb