Re: Need help with NMU

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 07:44:21AM -0800, Steve M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have never contributed before and am trying to make a NMU patch to
> prevent package timeshift from being removed on 21Feb2020.
Note that autoremovals only remove from testing.

> The autoremoval bug for timeshift is 948130 [1]. I attempted to contact
> the maintainer 3 days ago but have not yet received a reply.
3 days is very short.

> This leaves me little hope that this RC bug can be closed in time
> without an NMU.
There is a lot of time to fix it, after that it will migrate back to
testing.

> The fix is quite simple and was made in the upstream git repo, but has
> not been released yet. I have built the package locally but am at a loss
> of how to proceed next.
Upload the package to mentors and file an RFS, like the other email says.

> I was lead to believe that using nmudiff was the
> correct next step, but I’m afraid I’ve stuffed that up as it made a new
> bug report [2] instead of sending it to the existing bug [1].
I guess that's because you don't close any bugs in the changelog entry so
nmudiff didn't know where to send the info.
Also, the template says "Uploaded" which isn't true, you need to rephrase
it as you didn't really upload anything yet.
Also, your diff is wrong: the changelog diff looks broken and the control
diff contains unrelated Depends and Build-Depends formatting changes.

--
WBR, wRAR