Re: arpwatch & systemd

On 03/26/2017 09:19 PM, Lukas Schwaighofer wrote:
> Hi Bastien,
>
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:56:58 +0000
> Bastien Roucaries <roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Will ne also nice to repack in ordre to remove oui db
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean… should the ethercodes.dat file
> be removed / used from a different package?

Yes. See also:
https://lintian.debian.org/tags/source-contains-data-from-ieee-data-oui-db.html

ieee-data also contains a script that allows the admin to
update the listing manually, and other packages can hook into
that update process if that's required.

Repacking the source seems excessive to me though, since the
database is under a DFSG-compatible license (ieee-data is in
main), but the binary package should probably just depend on
ieee-data. (Or recommend it, if it can live with the file not
being available.)

Regards,
Christian