diffoscope for reviewing changes to packages

Hi all,

In case you haven't heard about it, diffoscope is a tool that came out
of the reproducible builds work. It has many uses outside reproducible
builds, in particular I have been using it for reviewing changes to
source and binary packages. It is really quite great for doing that on
the terminal. I would encourage everyone to use it to compare the last
upload with the current one when sponsoring updates to packages or
before sending package updates to the mentors server. It is quite a bit
better than debdiff for those two tasks. If you still have the .changes
file from the last upload you can run it against the two .changes files
or if not compare the two .dsc files and manually download and then
compare the .deb files. If you aren't running Debian stretch/sid you
can run it in a chroot or try it online.

http://diffoscope.org/
https://try.diffoscope.org/
https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds

--